Where is the Malevich solution mentioned in "Deploy the website"??

Oct 1, 2009 at 8:27 PM

I followed the setup instruction all the way to the section "Deploy the website"; now it says I need to do the following:

"From Visual Studio, open the Malevich solution, right-click on Database project in Solution Explorer, choose Properties. In the property pane, chose the Deploy tab. In the tab, configure connection to the server (you obviously need to be an admin on SQL Server 2008) and select the deploy action 'Create a deployment script (.sql) and deploy to the database'. I think prior to deploying, you have to create the (empty) database 'CodeReview' (it MUST be called CodeReview) in SQL Server Management Studio, and chose it as a database to connect to. Then right-click on Database project again, and select Deploy.

"

Where is the Malevich solution??? The previous steps installed Malevich under Program Files; also the MSI create a directoy we specified, but there were no Malevich solution under either of these two places?? Am I missing something???

Coordinator
Oct 5, 2009 at 8:55 PM

These are the steps for deploying Malevich from Visual Studio. You would have to download and build source code to use that. If you install from MSI, you should follow the instructions in the first part of the installation page only (i.e. install MSI, run Configure Malevich shortcut that it makes on your desktop).