I promised that this release will be RC, but it turns out I lied: a lot more feedback and feature requests poured in as the tool gained more and more acceptance, a lot of this feedback looked like something worth addressing before I declare v1. On top of it I had a lot more work in my daily life which spilled into my night life - and as a result, I am late with a whole bunch of features I expected to have done by now.
However, there are tons of features, improvements, and bug fixes that accumulated over the last almost 6 months that needed to get out as a release. Hence Beta 3.
To get the full list of new stuff here, examine the check-ins that happened since July. Just a few features from that list:
- customizeable HTML email templates
- more robust support for branching, the diffs are now viewable
Notable bugs fixed:
- improved handling of complex mappings in perforce/SD
- fixed problems with file names that contain non-alphanumeric characters
- added detection logic for files with mixed line endings
- many improvements in setup