Ability to restrict permissions within Malevich

Feb 22, 2012 at 9:10 PM

This might be beyond reasonable scope for a volunteer effort, but have you had any thought into implementing code review permissions within Malevich? For example, where you have a number of different teams of participating, and you don't really want\need different teams to see review activity of other teams, it doesn't seem to be possible within Malevich to limit access as such.

Or is there already a way to do this that I'm missing?

Coordinator
Feb 22, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Actually, hiding code review activities is not tricky at all. Take a look here: http://malevich.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Hosting%20multiple%20Malevich%20projects%20on%20the%20same%20box&referringTitle=Home

Now, if you wanted to ristrict the teams using security controls, THAT would be hard - the easiest thing is just have separate Malevich databases. You can then go to SQL, change log-in from "authenticated users" to a security group, and have participants join the security group.

Feb 22, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Thanks for the tip. I've tried out your partitioning feature. It worked very easily. Only problem really is that I can see this is just hiding the code reviews; I'm sure if given a URL, any member of one team can still view the other team's partition.

But anyway, you have already pointe this out in your suggestion to have separate Malevich databases. I think this is probably what we'll end up doing.